Job opening closed: event and location floral stylist
Bloemen op locatie is looking for an event and location florist ready to start in august. 24 -32 hrs per week.
About bloemen op Locatie
Bloemen op locatie is a flower styling workshop. Our passion is flower styling of small and large events, weekly office flowers and wedding flower styling. In Dutch Bloemen op Locatie literally means “Flowers at Locations” which says it all: We are in the business of bringing flowers to offices, restaurants, hotels, funerals, events, wedding venues and more. We started in 2005 as a small venue florist for events and weddings in the Netherlands and have since grown to the be the flower partner of many event and wedding venues in and around Amsterdam.
What will you be doing as an event and location florist?
An event and location florist does a lot of different things. The job is very versatile. Our projects include large events but also small weekly customers. We work together with event venues and event agencies in Amsterdam. In this job you will design floral styling for:
- Events. Ranging from large flower pieces on a pillar to small single flower pieces on diner tables.
- Weddings. Ranging from bridal bouquets to boutonniere and wedding venue flower styling.
- Hotels. Weekly flower styling at hotels.
- Weekly flower service. Weekly bouquets for offices and restaurants.
in this job you will be responsible for:
- The production of flower designs in our workshop
- Transportation of flower pieces to venues and locations
- Build up, final styling and break down of flower pieces on location
- Contact with clients at all stages in the customer journey
- Project resource administration, (purchasing budget and staff hours)
- Project planning
- Project purchasing (flowers, materials, vases and pots)
- Writing proposals
- Managing project staff
Whom are we looking for?
For this job opening we are looking for a colleague who is fun to work with, supportive and has a good sense of responsibility. Someone who lives no further that 30 minutes away from the Javaplein in Amsterdam East and does not mind working outside regular office hours.
We are looking for someone with the following qualities and skills:
- Experience. You have more than 3 years experience as a florist (candidates without any experience are kindly requested not to apply for this job)
- Experience with events is a plus
- Creativity. You are able to think along in a clients styling ideas and match flower designs with it. You must get excited to create flower designs for objects or spaces. (portfolio photo’s are more than welcome)
- Flexibility. You have to be willing and able to adapt your working hours to our projects.Sometimes the build up or break down hours of events are well outside regular office hours.
- Independence. You have to be able to work in a team but also on your own.
- Social skills. In this job you communicate a lot with clients, suppliers and colleagues. So it is very important that you are service oriented and friendly.
- Collegiality is essential. You have to be able to cooperate and support your colleagues in the team.
- Drivers license valid in the EU. (Candidates without a drivers license are kindly requested not to apply for this job)
- Enthusiasm. You work hard and like it. Hands on mentality.
- Good grasp of floral techniques
- A good sense of responsibility
- You must be strong and fit. Large flower pieces for events are heavy(!) You have to be able to lift them and put them in place.
We offer a fun and challenging working environment. You will work in a team of supportive professionals working together to create beautiful things. Salary and benefits are along industry standards. You will start this job in august.